Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Exciting!






I had a great long weekend! Joe decided Saturday afternoon when he got home from work that we were going to go stay in a hotel up north somewhere for a night. We decided on Huntsville so we could rive through Algonquin Park and visit with Grandma and Grandpa for awhile Sunday afternoon.




It's the last long weekend of the summer and we're trying to find a room in cottage country..we called at leaset 20 different hotels before finding a room that wasn't retardedly expensive. It was just Joe, Ainsley, and I since the boys were at their dad's house until Sunday, and my mom had plans with them for the day Sunday (they went for a ride on a steam train and then went out to dinner in Toronto). The trip was fun, Ains slept the whole way to Huntsville, and the hotel was right by Arrowhead Provincial Park where we camped in 2005.



The room was nice..small but really nice. The wireless internet kept cutting in and out so we ended up just watching tv and relaxing. Woke up early Sunday morning and hung out until check out time..Joe was being silly posing for the camera.


We drove through Algonquin Provincial Park, in hopes of seeing another moose..but no luck, too much traffic for the moose to be out. Oh well the scenery was breathtaking as usual, and we ended up stopping to buy the kids each a t-shirt.


We got to Grandma and Grandpa's house around 2pm, and stayed to visit for a couple of hours..lol Grandpa forgot that Joe is his grandson and introduced him as his nephew lol..Grandpa was also generous with his beer, and somehow talked me into having 3 lol..fun times. Ainsley decided that she was sick of the car halfway home, and I ended up in the backseat entertaining her with an empty water bottle and by making her Stuffed Giraffe dance to Eminem's "Without Me" heh..I should get that on video..that Giraffe sure can bust a move.

We spent this afternoon at the beach with all three kids, my mom, Taylor and George and their boys and George's family (briefly lol) Amy, Vilo, and their 2. Fun times! After the beach, Amy, Vilo, mom, Joe, and I (and the kids too of course) went to the Beacon for dinner, and then went back to Amy's house where the kids went toally crazy! lol Amy got a million pics that I will post whenever I get them from her.
Nick starts Grade 2 tomorrow..and Noah officially starts J/K next Tuesday! AHHH! MY BABIES! They're growing up on me!
I have some big news..lol Joe and I are (hopefully as long as everything works out) getting married Sunday September 16th..lol Spur of the moment yes, but that is so like us.
I'm going to bed, I'm edgy because I haven't smoked in 4 hours and this stupid nicorette inhaler thingy is not working as well as the patch does...but I am determined to quit for good this time..ugh Ainsley is awake, so I have to end this now..hope everyone had a great long weekend!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

That is so exciting!!! I'm thrilled for you!!!!

Taylor said...

If you need to smoke, CALL ME FIRST! You're fucking quitting, you hear me? :)